Some home improvement projects may seem daunting at first, but there are many things you can do on your own if you have the right equipment. If you’re tired of your flooring, for instance, there are many ways to achieve a new look, and most of them can be DIY projects. All you need is some time, some instructions, and the right tools.
Why resign yourself to the same tired carpets and flooring you’ve been looking at for years? By the same token, if you’re moving into a new house, there’s no need to live with flooring other people chose. Consider the possibilities! There’s a wealth of flooring out there, just waiting for you to discover it.
- Lay an engineered wood floor. Do you love the look of hardwoods? They give a warm, cozy feeling to any room, and engineered wood makes it easy to achieve that hardwood look. It’s quicker and easier to install than traditional hardwood, and it’s also extremely durable.
- Put down some cork. Cold floors are uncomfortable, and one reason people choose carpet is for warmth and cushion underfoot. Cork is another stylish option, resilient, attractive, and easy enough to install that you can finish a room in as little as an afternoon. Cork is available in floating-floor systems that work well over plywood, concrete, or even your existing flooring.
- Think about different styles for painted floors. Don’t have the budget for a whole new floor? Paint is an inexpensive way to change the entire aesthetic of a room. You can paint over wood floors, concrete floors, and even vinyl, tile, and laminate.
- Refinish your hardwoods. If you’ve got traditional hardwoods that are showing their age, you can refresh them by refinishing them.
- Update a concrete floor. You can polish up a concrete floor, paint it in solid colors or patterns, or stain it to give it the look you want. It’s a cost-effective do-over and can result in a truly stunning look.
- Give your carpets a good cleaning. If the only problem with your carpets is that they’ve seen too much traffic, it may be time to rent a carpet cleaner. Cleaning your carpets yourself is cheaper than hiring someone to do it for you, and it only takes a matter of hours to clean it and let it dry.
- Rethink linoleum. Linoleum may seem like a throwback, but this durable, eco-friendly flooring is making a comeback. Available in a wide variety of colors and design options, it’s resilient and requires very little maintenance. It’s biodegradable, too, and doesn’t release VOCs. If you’re doing linoleum as a DIY project, snap-together tiles are the easiest way to go.
Are you ready to tackle your floors and try something new? A-1 Equipment Rentals has everything you need to take on the project, with the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
If you’re interested in selling your home, your realtor may have mentioned curb appeal. Making your house look appealing to people who are approaching it is a great way to attract a home buyer. However, even if you’re retaining your house, it doesn’t hurt to give the outside of your home a boost. Fortunately, you can give your house a facelift and it doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
You may not be in a position to hire a contractor to repaint the house, replace the garage door, or do some other major work to the façade, but there are several steps you can take on your own, with no contractor required.
- Clean up your lawn. The first step in making your house look better from the outside is to make sure your yard is neat and tidy. Mow it, pull any weeds, rake any leaves, and get rid of anything that detracts from its appearance, like scattered toys or worn-out lawn furniture. While you’re at it, spend a little time and elbow grease cleaning out your gutters.
- Install some new greenery. Putting in new plants and flowers is a great way to give your home a fresh look and boost your curb appeal. You don’t have to spend the time, money, and effort required to put in a garden because you can get the same effect with planters or window boxes. Hanging plants are cheerful on a porch, and even one pretty plant arrangement can make a big difference in the look of your home’s exterior.
- Pressure wash the house. Not only will this make your home look better, but it’s a very satisfying chore. It’s easy to rent and run a power washer and watch the dirt and grime peel off of your siding, walkway, driveway, and porch.
- Touch up the paint. You don’t need to repaint the whole house, but if there’s any peeling or flaking, now is a good time to fix those minor issues. You might also consider repainting your front door in a bright pop of color, to create an eye-catching entry.
- Make small repairs. Ripped screens, burned out bulbs, and other little flaws can detract from the overall look of your home. Walk around your house with a critical eye, making note of anything that needs a repair, and then secure the tools you need to do the work, taking an afternoon to make things perfect.
- Create a clean path. An attractive walkway is a perfect way to lead people to your front door. If you already have a well-defined path, clean it up and consider lining it with lighting or plants. If you don’t have one, it’s not too difficult to make one out of stone or brick.
- Brighten your fixtures. Your light fixtures and hardware can probably use some sprucing up. If you’re happy with your light fixture, clean any cobwebs or debris from around it to help it shine more brightly. If you’re not happy with it, change it or augment it with some porch string lights. If your front door’s hardware is dull or dated, replace it with something new and bright.
When you’re ready to give your home a fresh look, it’s easy to find the tools you need to do it yourself and have the project go smoothly. A-1 Equipment Rentals offers the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California, with a great selection of construction equipment as well as an extensive machine and tool inventory. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
When you are updating the landscaping on your property or are preparing an area for a new building project, you may find yourself in need of compaction equipment. Compaction equipment is used to compact and stabilize soil so that it is ready for the building process. When you visit a rental shop offering generator rental near San Mateo, you may want to check out their inventory of compaction tools. For example, rammers can be used to compress soil in smaller areas. To compact very loose soil, you may be in need of a vibrating place compactor. In very tight spaces, vibro tampers may also be used.
To learn more about the different types of compaction equipment , contact A-1 Equipment Rental Center by calling (650) 369-2992. With our great selection of dallies, tractors, and trenching equipment, you will be ready for your next project. Our team looks forward to assisting you with your upcoming tool rental.
Whether you are preparing for a home improvement project, or are planning on setting up a woodworking studio in your home, power saws are among the most important types of equipment that you can rent. Along with drills in Redwood City, your equipment rental center is sure to have a variety of saws that are suited for all of your tasks . From table saws to jigsaws and more, you will have a wide selection of saws to choose from. To help you pick out the right equipment for your project, here is a look at the different types of saws and how they are used.
The term circular saw is used to describe any type of saw that has a blade that rotates in a circle. Since circular saws can either be handheld or mounted to a table, you will be able to pick out a circular saw that is a good fit for your project. For example, a circular table saw can be used to cut larger slabs of wood.
Reciprocating Blade Saws
Reciprocating blade saws are also commonly used for many different projects. Unlike circular saws, which have circular, rotating blades, reciprocating blade saws feature straight blades that move up and down. These saws can be used for detailed cuts.
Continuous Band Saws
The last type of saw that you may want to consider is a continuous band saw. This type of saw contains a long metal blade, which is continually fed through the saw mechanism. With a continuous band saw, you will be able to cut through tough materials, such as metal sheets or raw timber.
At A-1 Equipment Rental Center , we can help you pick out the perfect saw for your next project. Along with our tool rentals, we also offer equipment rentals, party supply rentals, and all of the supplies that you will need for your next event or occasion. Call our Redwood City location at (650) 369-2992 to hear more about our current inventory of saws.
Before you can put up your new wallpaper or repaint your wall, you will have to remove the current wallpaper and its paste. Stop by the equipment rental shop, but first watch this video for advice for removing wallpaper paste.
With the right equipment, removing wallpaper paste can be a simple task. You can start by filling a bucket with hot water, mixing it with wallpaper paste stripper, and applying it to the wall. Use a wallpaper steamer or a scraping blade to remove the softened wallpaper paste, and then repeat with a new section of the wall.
For a quality wallpaper steamer that will help you with this process, call A-1 Equipment Rental Center at (650) 369-2992. Our team specializes in generators, dollies, rental chairs, and other equipment rentals in San Jose. Visit our website or stop by and meet us to learn more about what we can do for you.
Stripping a floor is not exactly an easy job, which is why it is crucial that you take the necessary precautions and carefully consider what you are doing. Always be sure you have the right equipment rentals and know what kind of floor you are working on. Read on for a few common mistakes to avoid when stripping a floor.
Working Without the Right Tools
No matter what kind of job you are doing, it is always much more difficult when you do not have the necessary tools. Fortunately, you can get the tools you need to strip your floor like a pro by visiting your local equipment rental store. It is also important to note that your tools should be in clean and in proper shape; a dirty mop or an unwashed bucket could sabotage your results and set you back.
Failing to Take Safety Measures
Just as it is crucial to have the right tools for the job, you must also take the proper safety precautions in any work setting. Remember to mark off your work area with safety cones so that no one gets injured on your worksite. You should also be wearing adequate safety gear while working; this might include working gloves, safety clothing, or shoes that are resistant to slipping. No matter what kind of job you are taking on or how easy you think it will be, never take your safety for granted.
Failing to Identify the Floor Type
The way you go about stripping a floor will depend on the type of floor you are working with. This is why it is essential that you identify the type of floor before you begin working. Although it may seem obvious, this mistake is unfortunately all too common.
A-1 Equipment Rental Center is determined to provide quality equipment rentals in Oakland. We specialize in moving equipment, wedding rentals, generators, and tractors. If you live in the area, please do not hesitate to stop in and see us or visit our website. You can also give us a call at (650) 369-2992 to learn more today.
If you need to cut through metal, bolt cutters might be your equipment rental of choice. Although using this kind of tool is relatively straightforward, it helps to learn as much as you can before attempting the task at hand. Continue reading if you are interested in a brief guide to using bolt cutters.
The first step is to adjust your cutters for your project, which you can do by rotating the bolt on the cutter head. Once you have achieved the tension you are looking for, mark the spot on the item where you will make the cut. Fully open the cutter blades and place them on the mark; the mark should be close to the area where the handles intersect. Finally, close your blades on the mark and apply enough pressure to cut through your target.
For more on how to use bolt cutters, feel free to contact A-1 Equipment Rental Center or visit our website . It is our goal to provide high quality air tools, augers, and other equipment rentals in Redwood City. Feel free to call us at (650) 369-2992 if you would like to learn more about our event and party rentals.
A stud finder can be a valuable party rental in a number of situations, and it is particularly helpful when it comes to hanging up pictures. Watch this video for a few tips on using a stud finder.
A stud finder may be magnetic or electric. Magnetic stud finders will detect the metal nails or screws that keep the stud in place, and the magnet will even point towards the nail or screw. An electric stud finder reads metal or wood, so hold it against your wall before powering it on. Be sure to move your stud finder across and up rather than simply back and forth.
If you are in the market for a new stud finder, call A-1 Equipment Rental Center at (650) 369-2992. We are an equipment rental company that offers drills, trenching equipment, and many other kinds of party rentals in San Mateo. Please visit our website for more information.
Ladders make for popular event and equipment rentals , but not just any ladder will be suitable for your job. You will need to find an appropriately sized ladder that can bear the necessary amount of weight for the job. Here is a closer look at some factors to consider when choosing a ladder.
Different ladders have different duty ratings, meaning they vary in the amount of weight that they can hold. Ratings range from Type III to Type IAA, or from light to extra heavy duty. While light duty ladders are designed to hold up to 200 pounds safely, extra heavy duty ladders can hold up to 375 pounds. When deciding which duty rating to look for, consider your weight, the weight of your clothing and safety gear, and the weight of all tools and equipment that will be carried or stored on the ladder.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a ladder is its length. Many people are unaware that ladders that are too long can be just as dangerous as those that are too short. When working indoors it is important to consider the height of the ceiling and the angle at which you will be working. When working on outdoor extension ladders you should never climb the top three rungs. Your ladder should not extend three feet past the top support point; if it does, choose a shorter ladder.
Think about the environment in which you work when deciding what type of ladder to choose. A sturdy metal ladder might be an appropriate choice if your bottom support point is made of soil, but it can be a risky choice if you are working near electricity.
If you would like further assistance in choosing the right ladder for your job, please call A-1 Equipment Rental Center at (650) 369-2992. We offer a number of equipment rentals in Redwood City including dollies, augers, and generators. Feel free to visit our website or stop in and see us for more information about our event and equipment rentals today.
As you look around your home, do you notice that certain areas could use some improvements? Home renovation projects can make your home look and function better, and can also make your house more attractive to potential buyers should you ever choose to sell. Some renovation projects are best left to the professionals, while others may be handled by experienced do-it-yourselfers. The right tools, including cutters, saws, and drills in Redwood City , can make all the difference in your renovation project. Consider replacing your front door, which carries an average return on investment of 98 percent. Adding a wood deck to your yard increases your living space, and gives you a return on investment of over 80 percent. Check out this infographic to learn more about getting the most out of your renovation projects. Please share with your friends and neighbors!
Sorry. No data so far.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes