How a Pressure Washer Can Help with Fall Maintenance
Fall is a great time to tackle some important maintenance chores. The weather is cooler, so working outside is easier, and getting these tasks done will help you prepare for winter weather. Give your house a thorough inspection, and you’ll find that there are some things you really need to take care of before the colder temperatures and winter storms make it more difficult. Some of those chores may seem daunting, but if you have a pressure washer, you’ll find many of them may be easier than you think.
A pressure washer can help with many of the chores you’ll need to do:
- Slough off dirt and vegetation from your home’s brick or siding
- Take off peeling paint so that you can give your trim a fresh coat
- Clean your gutters
- Clean the exterior of your boat, jet skis, RV, or snowmobile
- Clean your driveway so you can seal it ahead of winter weather
- Clean your deck and give it a fresh coat of sealant
- Clean your fence so you can paint, seal, or stain it to make it waterproof
- Clean out your garbage cans and recycling bins
- Blast the sides of your drained pool
- Clean your lawnmower and other tools before you store them for the season
If you own your own pressure washer, it will need care before it’s packed up for winter. Especially if you live in a climate with frequent freezing temperatures, packing it away without preparing and winterizing it can cause damage that will require extensive repairs not covered by the warranty.
- Make sure the machine is in the STOP position.
- Detach the water supply hose and shut down the water supply line.
- Detach the trigger gun and high-pressure hose, draining them properly.
- Switching the motor back to the ON position, pour a solution of 50/50 antifreeze into the float tank. Use separate anti-freeze for the detergent suction hose, then run the pressure washer until the antifreeze escapes from the outlet.
- Turn the switch back to STOP
- Drain any gas, oil, or water left in the pressure washer.
If you don’t have your own pressure washer, renting one may be a more practical option than purchasing. A-1 Equipment Rentals offers the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California, with a great selection of construction equipment as well as an extensive machine and tool inventory. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes