Update your Space with a New Coat of Paint
Does your home décor seem a little boring or out of date? One of the cheapest, easiest fixes is fresh paint. Just about anyone can paint a room, and having the right tools makes it a breeze.
Paint can be used in many different ways to make a big difference. You might paint an accent wall to draw focus with a bright pop of color, an interesting paint finish, or a pattern, like stripes. You might change the entire look of your kitchen at minimal expense simply by repainting your cabinets. Kitchens and bathrooms are great places to experiment with different colors, or you could update a bedroom by changing its hue. You can even paint your ceilings, which
How to paint a room:
- Choose the right paint. Take your time browsing paint colors and looking online at different home improvement websites. Once you’ve gotten the colors narrowed down, get some samples from the hardware store so that you can paint a few spots in the actual room and see what it will look like when it’s in the lighting and environment for which you’re purchasing it.
- Prep the room. Move everything out, or push it all to the center of the room and cover it with drop cloths. Then get some painter’s tape and apply it to the room’s corners, base and crown moldings, and door and window casings, making sure to get a good seal. Remove outlet and light switch covers, applying painters tape to protect outlets and switches.
- Use a paint sprayer to apply your paint. You can apply paint with rollers and brushes, but why would you? You can get a much smoother, more professional look with a paint sprayer. Have a brush and roller on hand, though, for the edges of the room and hard to reach places.
- Use scaffolding to reach high places. Using a ladder can be precarious, so it’s better to paint like the pros do, with scaffolding to help you paint areas that are out of reach.
- Keep the room well-ventilated. Opening windows and using fans will keep you from breathing in paint fumes, and it will also help to speed the drying process.
- Clean up. Remove painters tape and collect drop cloths, taking care to only remove them when the paint spills and spatters are dry. Clean brushes with soap and water if you’ve been using latex or water-based paint, or with mineral spirits if you’ve used an oil-based paint. Clean roller covers using the curved edge of a 5-in-1 tool to remove the paint under running water.
When you’re looking for the right tools to paint any part of your house, you can rent just about everything you need. A-1 Equipment Rentals offers the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California, with a great selection of construction equipment as well as an extensive machine and tool inventory. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes