Some home improvement projects may seem daunting at first, but there are many things you can do on your own if you have the right equipment. If you’re tired of your flooring, for instance, there are many ways to achieve a new look, and most of them can be DIY projects. All you need is some time, some instructions, and the right tools.
Why resign yourself to the same tired carpets and flooring you’ve been looking at for years? By the same token, if you’re moving into a new house, there’s no need to live with flooring other people chose. Consider the possibilities! There’s a wealth of flooring out there, just waiting for you to discover it.
- Lay an engineered wood floor. Do you love the look of hardwoods? They give a warm, cozy feeling to any room, and engineered wood makes it easy to achieve that hardwood look. It’s quicker and easier to install than traditional hardwood, and it’s also extremely durable.
- Put down some cork. Cold floors are uncomfortable, and one reason people choose carpet is for warmth and cushion underfoot. Cork is another stylish option, resilient, attractive, and easy enough to install that you can finish a room in as little as an afternoon. Cork is available in floating-floor systems that work well over plywood, concrete, or even your existing flooring.
- Think about different styles for painted floors. Don’t have the budget for a whole new floor? Paint is an inexpensive way to change the entire aesthetic of a room. You can paint over wood floors, concrete floors, and even vinyl, tile, and laminate.
- Refinish your hardwoods. If you’ve got traditional hardwoods that are showing their age, you can refresh them by refinishing them.
- Update a concrete floor. You can polish up a concrete floor, paint it in solid colors or patterns, or stain it to give it the look you want. It’s a cost-effective do-over and can result in a truly stunning look.
- Give your carpets a good cleaning. If the only problem with your carpets is that they’ve seen too much traffic, it may be time to rent a carpet cleaner. Cleaning your carpets yourself is cheaper than hiring someone to do it for you, and it only takes a matter of hours to clean it and let it dry.
- Rethink linoleum. Linoleum may seem like a throwback, but this durable, eco-friendly flooring is making a comeback. Available in a wide variety of colors and design options, it’s resilient and requires very little maintenance. It’s biodegradable, too, and doesn’t release VOCs. If you’re doing linoleum as a DIY project, snap-together tiles are the easiest way to go.
Are you ready to tackle your floors and try something new? A-1 Equipment Rentals has everything you need to take on the project, with the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
In the heat of summer, rainfall can be a welcome change. It breaks up the sweltering heat, cooling us down and refreshing us. Summer rain can also help keep your lawn green and lush, and there’s nothing like a lazy, rainy summer day for the sheer nap potential. On the other hand, sometimes summer storms can be problematic. From high winds to pounding water to rising floodwaters, the problems that a storm can bring can put a damper on your summer. Fortunately, there are rental tools to resolve any issue you might face.
- When you see that a storm is coming, you can prevent damage to your property by being proactive. Trim trees to keep branches from falling on your home and damaging it, and inspect your roof before and after storms. If you find any damage, make the necessary repairs in a timely manner to keep them from becoming larger and more expensive issues. Keep your gutters clean, and repair any cracks or leaks in your foundation and walls that might let water into your home. You might also consider a sump pump for your basement, to keep excess water from creating problems.
- If a storm gets the better of you, and there’s damage to your house and landscaping you can rent tools that will help you repair the damage. You may need tools for roof and home repair, or garden equipment to keep hedges and trees under control. If you’ve lost power, a generator can keep you running while you wait for the utility company to repair damage to power lines done by the storm.
- If the problem you’ve experienced is a flood in your home or basement, there are rental tools for that, too. You’ll need a shop vac for cleanup, a carpet dryer if your carpet has been soaked, and submersible pumps and discharge hoses to remove water from the basement.
Whether you’re prepping your home to weather the storms, or cleaning up after the damage has been done, A-1 Equipment Rentals has the tools you need. A-1 Equipment Rentals offers the best equipment rental in Redwood City, California, with a great selection of construction equipment as well as an extensive machine and tool inventory. Whether you’re a homeowner tackling a home improvement or landscaping project or a business owner who isn’t quite ready to invest in a fleet of vehicles, we have what you need to get the job done. In addition to tools and machinery, we have a varied selection of trucks, dump trucks, and vans available, and we offer pickup and delivery service to save you the trip to our facility. Our experienced maintenance staff fixes our machinery on site, and we extend repair and maintenance services to our clientele as well. Our team members are here to make sure you have what you need to make your job go smoothly, and we’re happy to offer advice on the machinery and tools you need. To learn more about our quality options at affordable prices, contact us through our website or call (650) 369-2992 and we’ll be happy to help.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes