Benefits of Renting a Ladder for Your Next Building Project and Tips for Staying Safe
Whether you’re building a deck or installing new shingling, you can count on needing a ladder for your next home renovation, addition, or repair project. High-quality ladders can be expensive, but renting allows you to reduce the cost of your project by hundreds of dollars. Also, ladders are quite big and bulky, and storing them can sometimes be a pain. When you rent a ladder, you don’t need to worry about finding room for long term storage; just simply return it when you’re done.
But before you set up your ladder and get to work, be sure that you understand how to safely use it. Here are some helpful ladder safety tips:
- Read and follow all labels and markings on the ladder (especially the ladder’s load capacity).
- When climbing up or down the ladder, always maintain 3-points of contact on the ladder (either two hands and a foot or two feet and a hand).
- Always use a ladder only on a stable and level surface. If you are using an extension ladder, be sure that all locks are properly engaged.
- Never place a ladder on boxes, barrels, or other unstable bases to obtain additional height. If you require additional height, then contact the equipment rental company to rent a longer extension ladder.
- Never use a ladder during or immediately following inclement weather. After a rainstorm, be sure to that the steps or rungs are completely dry before you attempt to climb.
If you need a ladder, then don’t hesitate to contact A-1 Equipment Rental Center . Our extra heavy duty ladders come in a wide variety of sizes and are perfect for your next personal or professional building project. For pricing information, visit our website or dial (650) 369-2992.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes