Moving to a new place can exciting! Whether for a new job, school, or just a fresh start, moving brings about new experiences. But even with a fresh start, you don’t want to have to leave everything behind. No matter the size of your moving van rental, there are ways to fit more in that you might previously have expected. Take a look at these tips to make the most out of the space in your moving van rental .
- Disassemble large items. Keeping furniture like your bed frame, your dresser, and your desk intact often leaves large spaces where other items would be able to fit. If you can get the pieces of these items to fit into boxes, then you should. They’ll be less likely to get damaged if they’re disassembled and stowed away safely.
- Place the largest items closest to the cab. By doing so, you can fit smaller items into spaces left by larger items that can’t be disassembled. Saving the smaller items for last leaves many more placement options. Instead of trying to cram the largest items at the end, you’ll be able to slide smaller items into gaps.
- Purge as much as you can. While you’re packing, make piles of things that you haven’t used in a long time and decide whether you want to donate them . Getting rid of all the non-necessities in your home will maximize the space within the moving van and make organizing your new home much easier.
If you need to rent a moving van, truck, or trailer, give A-1 Equipment Rental a call at (650) 369-2992. We can help you assess what type of vehicle you need and rent dollies, moving pads, and all of the necessary tools for the job.
Take a look through these useful links to find out more about the tools described in our blogs. Although these tools are very useful, they have limited applications—why buy them when you can rent them? For more information, call A-1 Equipment Rental Center at (650) 369-2992.
- Find out more about plumbing snakes on this page.
- This webpage from Popular Mechanics has a list of some useful plumbing tools .
- This article has some good information on what demolition hammers are, and what they can do.
- Learn about how to use a demolition hammer from eHow.com.
- This webpage has information on jackhammers and how they work.
Plumbing problems are a common headache for homeowners. Fortunately, with the right tools, you can do most plumbing jobs by yourself. The tools you need will depend on the job, but here are some common ones that will cover the majority of plumbing issues you may be faced with, and can be obtained from a plumbing equipment rental service.
Sometimes clogged drains can be solved through pouring solutions down the drain, but if the clog is deeper you may need a snake. For more serious clogs, such as those in sewer pipes, you should consider using an electric plumbing snake . With electric snakes, you can be sure that you have the power to clear the clog when you reach it in the drain. Although electric snakes are expensive to buy, they are available for rental from plumbing tool rental companies. For smaller household clogs, you may be able to get by with a manual plumbing snake.
This useful, high-tech tool is an excellent way to get a clearer idea of what you’re dealing with by providing a visual diagnostic. Like an electric plumbing snake, you probably don’t need to buy a color micro camera, but it is the type of tool you can easily rent from an equipment rental service. You can insert the micro camera down into hard to access areas like drains and other tight spaces, and it will provide a color image for you.
This heavy duty chain pipe cutter can cut through cast iron soil pipe, clay pipe and other types of narrow pipe including concrete. There are two common types, a ratcheting version and a single stroke version, depending on the type of job you need it for.
If you’re planning a serious DIY plumbing job, make sure you have the right tools . A-1 Equipment Rental Center has all of the tools you’ll need for the job available for equipment rental. Tool rental is a great way to get the equipment you need without the high price of purchase. To learn more about our equipment rental service, call us at (650) 369-2992 or visit our website.
Although a ladder is an indispensible item to have around the house for home repairs, it can also pose a safety hazard. This video offers some tips for how to stay safe when using a ladder.
Sometimes ladders can slip outward from the house or structure. By driving 2x4s into the ground, you can create a brace to keep the ladder in place. Another tip is to prop the ladder so that the distance of the base from the structure is about one quarter its height. This way the ladder is stabilized.
If you are planning a project at home but don’t have a ladder or other necessary tools , call A-1 Equipment Rental Center to rent one today. You can reach us at (650) 369-2992 or contact us through our website.
Sorry. No data so far.
- Cleaning Equipment
- Power Tools
- Landscaping Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Air Tools
- Home Renovations
- Event and Party Rentals
- Dolly Rentals
- Gas-Powered Tool Safety
- Water Damage Equipment
- Generator Rentals
- Party Rentals
- Tool Rental
- Truck Rental
- Post Holes